Saturday, December 27, 2008

the vietnam life

Ok (finally) I'm updating on my trip to Vietnam
It had been..um..two weeks ago?
heh.

Well, snapped loads of pics there
(lots of blurry stuff too =/)
So I'll upload it in a few categories
Here's the first..

-The Vietnam Life-


First thing I heard after I stepped out of the airport
*PPPEEEEEEEETTT!!!*
and that actually happens every minute or so..

Total noise pollution!

You see, in Vietnam..
Horn-ing (Is there such a word? There should be..) people isn't rude or whatsoever
They do it to let you know they're turning
Or that they're behind you
Or that they wanna change lanes
Or simply for the sake of doing it
(because everyone is)

And look at the amount of motorcycles.
(pictures above and below)
Ratio of cars to motorcycles = 1 : 20
At least that's what it looks like..






Selling fruits (or just about anything) by the road side


Eating by the road side (or just about anywhere)
As long as there is a place to put chairs and tables (or a place to squat),
you can eat there.
I didn't try it out though
Just imagining the dust settling on my food makes my stomach churn..

KFC.
Yes they have KFC there.
Ga means chicken
So I guess Ran must mean fried?

And Pizza Hut too.
And Parkson..

Sadly though, there isn't a single McDonald's there.
Surprised?
They have Lotteria as a substitute
But of course, nothing can replace McD!

Playing chinese chess (or is it checkers? hmm..) by the road side


Ok, this is the not-so-beautiful side of Vietnam (mainly Ho Chi Minh City)
There is of course a more beautiful side of it (there's one to everything)
But I'll leave that to another post

1 insights:

Esther said...

I haven't been to Viet, so your pics have given me a rough overview.. If this is the ugly side, then Viet must be pretty good! But I saw a video of the traffic before.. there's only one word to describe it: HAPHAZARD!

Post a Comment