Friday, June 20, 2008

out of school =)

Today, I went to the Chemistry Department with the Science & Maths Society and got to skip Ms. Ho AND tweety bird's class! =) At 9.30 am, and after a very touching farewell from Renee, Ee Lynn, Nata and Hui Lynn, we were off! I know you guys missed us =P We missed you guys too. It was quite a boring trip really. When we reached, they gave us a briefing about what we were going to learn. I didn't really listen to everything they said, so here are pictures to tell the story.

Rachel and I in the bus


After the briefing, we were broken into two groups - Form 1 & 2 / Form 3 & 4. Our group went to the first lab. Um sorry I can't remember the name. But I know it test water and stuff =)


Some cool machine with bubbling stuff

A few more interesting looking apparatus

This one is used to test the pH of water
This one is the one I like the most. Um I dunno what it does but it looks really cool..

Parts of the cool apparatus

See, I told you it was cool =)

Our next destination

Hmm I think this thing test water also..lol
Some random flasks
Another machine
Pipettes!
Yeah..when I saw this I sorta freaked out. What the heck is ARGONITE??
Above the door of the labThe next lab
A sample of all the permitted food colouring

Julia and Menakaa hands-onThe results of the test. On the right is tea powder with colouring = bad for health
Shark fins. Found out that this contains high level of mercury.

Yay another fancy gismo
They're testing some curry??
See the oil at the side? Yuck.

More cool stuff

OMG! Is Rachel paying attention??Ok ok. Look at this. It's really cool.
Zoomed in. Do you know what this is?Ok so you do what it says and...Voila! Water! This thing is actually to wash your eyes when it comes into contact with acid. Cool eh? The fourth lab we visited
The sinks there.
A cute looking flask. So round and fat! lol
This one's quite interesting also. It looks so complicated.


The final lab
Random.
Water to be tested
Doing experiment to find out the pollutants in the water
I like this sign. It's located beside the thing that washes the eyes. =)
Agar infected with e coli bacteria
Wakakaka. Red socks!! In the last lab we had to remove our shoes. And who's the owner of this pair of feet? Not gonna tell. Nyek nyek =)
Ok I just realised how unscientific I sound. Do you believe that I'm in science stream? lol. It's not my fault, ok? The people explaining are super boring and they speak in Malay. What the heck. We don't study our sciences in Malay anymore laa..So off I go to snap pictures =P And Pn. Choo was like asking all the lab people so many questions when she already knew the answers! She was like 'So BOD is related to COD right?' (um don't ask me what that means. I don't know either) to the person explaining, the person will nod and then she will proceed to answering her own questions. lol.
*thanks to renee for the camera!! muaxx! xD*

0 insights:

Post a Comment